STR Online Teaching PDW Materials:
Are you new to teaching online or in search of some new classroom ideas? If so, we recommend you explore these two STR PDW sessions brought to you by the STR Teaching Committee and your generous STR colleagues:
- AOM 2020 STR Virtual PDW on Teaching Strategy Online (July 23, 2020). Join speakers Glenn Hoetker (Melbourne Business School), Chris Bingham (UNC Chapel Hill), and Anu Wadhwa (Imperial College) as they share their best practices for teaching strategy online. You can also access their presentation materials here.
- Fall 2020 STRonger Together Virtual PDW: Tackling the Tough Teaching Problems (Nov 20, 2020). Join speakers Russ Coff (University of Wisconsin-Madison), Tammy Madsen (University of Santa Clara), Mahka Moeen (University of North Carolina), and Charlie Williams (Bocconi University) as they share how they manage classroom dynamics whether engaging in fully online, hybrid, blended, or face-to-face teaching.
Online Teaching - Resources and Tips:
Online Teaching - Special Topics:
- Resources for Remote Delivery/Online Teaching on the Fly, compiled by Reut Livne-Taradach (Manhattan College). This document provides resources and advice on setting expectations, engaging students, case led discussions, using discussion boards, suggestions for synchronous teaching, activity led/discussion led classes, student presentations, and tech tools.
- Pragmatic Tips for Using Zoom in the Classroom with Maciej Workiewicz
- Additional Zoom Teaching Tips (e.g., camera positioning, etc.)
- Best Practices for Online Pedagogy (Harvard)
Do you have a best practice for online teaching that would benefit the STR community? Please "create a new library entry" in the Online Teaching materials folder on the Teaching Resources Library page.
- Interested in creating your own classroom YouTube channel to support online learning? Here is an interview with Anita McGahan (University of Toronto) where she explains her motivation for creating her own YouTube channel. You can also access here Strategy Videos here.
- Wondering how you could leverage Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) to enhance your own teaching? Regina Herzlinger (Harvard Business School) and her teaching team launched the free Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) “Innovating in Healthcare” on EdX.org, the platform created jointly by MIT and Harvard University. Learn more about how she developed this course and how you could engage MOOCs to enhance your own teaching through this interview with Regina Herzlinger.
- Curious how to approach leading case discussions live and online? Please see this interview with with Pinar Ozcan (University of Oxford) as she shares some advice for adapting your teaching to the online environment.