STR will offer the Wiley Blackwell Outstanding Dissertation Award in Strategic Management again in 2019. Any doctoral dissertation may be entered that satisfies the following criteria:
- The dissertation addresses topics in the area of strategic management.
- The dissertation was completed between February 1, 2018 and January 31, 2019, where the completion date is when the degree is completed and awarded.
- The dissertation was not previously submitted for consideration for this award. A dissertation may be submitted to STR and other divisions simultaneously if it fits within each division’s domain statement. The STR domain statement can be found at http://strdiv.org/ (under About).
Interested recent graduates should submit electronically (via email) the following Word documents as attachments to an email to Division Chair Elect Samina Karim (email@example.com), with the subject heading “STR Division Outstanding Dissertation Award submission”:
- A one-page abstract of the dissertation (without author name)
- A ten-page, double-spaced summary of the dissertation (without author name)
- A separate cover page listing your name, the dissertation’s title, the completion date, the name of the university granting your degree, your current university affiliation and any intervening affiliation, and a complete list of dissertation committee members (advisor, other committee members, any “defense opponent” etc.) and their affiliations.
In order to facilitate compliance with the STR conflict of interest policy and the blind review process, please remove any author-identifying information from your abstract and dissertation summary.
Submissions must be received by Friday February 28, 2019. (Submissions will not be accepted by fax or regular mail.) Members of the STR Division Research Committee will evaluate the dissertation summaries and invite a subset of entrants to submit their complete dissertations in March 2019 for further evaluation.